Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Now what shall we play?

Rather than over think or overload myself, I intend to let a campaign grow organically as I play. Practically all of my gaming is solo. I can then indulge my whims for what style to play. It will also allow me to follow a small group of individuals as they strive to become great leaders.

I enjoy medieval fantasy slightly more other styles. Along with science fiction,  a close second in preference,  I feel they allow more freedom of opposing forces and scales from skirmish through large battles. 

I'm going to go with the 2HW rules to allow me to grow the size of the games as table space and figures grow. I'll start with "Two Hour Dungeon Crawl" to use with minimal figures and space. Once I've had some characters succeed there, I'll "promote" them through the other fantasy titles up to "Rally Round the King" Assuming it is fun,which is my test of success in wargaming, I"ll try it also with 2HW's 5150 science fiction series of games.


I'll be writing AARs as I play and will be posting them here to share with others. I'll be playing other games and writing AARs for those intermixed with the campaign games. 

Please feel free to check back to see how it goes and to toss out any ideas or critiques you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment