Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Once more into the breach

Real life can certainly ruin the best laid plans. That said, I'll be trying again to make a go of this blog. I think the housekeeping has been covered already and we can move forward from here.

I spent last weekend at NJCon7 in Edison NJ. An enjoyable time where I played two games of Stargrunt. An excellent review of the convention, with a couple of photos I took has already been written By Keith F. and is readable at NJ Con - This IS Your Daddy's Miniature Convention. He also ran the two games I played in, and his and my comments on those are readable at StarGrunt II at NJ Con. Keith writes quite well and is a very enjoyable and gracious opponent.

The fun I had inspired me to return to this blog and to start making plans for my own gaming in the near future. I have amassed quite a collection of metal and plastic in need of paint and basing. First step is an inventory, complete with a culling out of possible "bring and buy" fodder for the next convention. Then I'll need to organize the basement to include a gaming work area and play area.

I expect to be posting photos and reports on progress as the work advances.

Falling back on an old standby, I'll be playing solo with paper miniatures as I work on the metal and plastic to help see what rules I am most in favor of playing.

Good tactics and good rolls till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment