Friday, August 14, 2015

Cheap modular terrain

Looking on line for cheap modular terrain systems, I came across this collection of Youtube videos. The DMG. He has adapted the work of The DMs Craft, by DM Scotty, into a method of making D&D terrain that is cheap, modular, and attractive.

So I think I have found my next project. (Remember me explaining that I can switch projects at a moments notice?) I'm going to try to use their combined techniques to build 5" square tiles for my Two Hour Dungeon Crawl campaign. The technique uses cardboard, hot glue, and two paint colors to create very nice corridors, rooms and the like.

My starting goal will be to create about 40 tiles. 10 rooms, 15 straights, 5 turns, 5 "T" intersections, and 5 "4 way" intersections. I'm hoping that will be a decent start and cover most dungeons.

I also plan to experiment while building those. I'm thinking it can be used to create modular city terrain also. One foot square tiles, with walkways and streets that will also allow for drop ins of buildings  I'm thinking trying to build 3 or 4 test pieces will be sufficient to see if the template is workable.

Wish me luck, and feel free to add suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment